Friday, March 24, 2017

Monthly Book: February

This month I have re-read the amazing book 'The Curious Incident of the dog in the night time' written by Mark Haddon and it is truly incredible. I first read this book for my literature A-Level in a matter of days. If I'd had theme I probably could have done it in a day, it's a really easy read, and the writing style is very simple due to the nature of the story itself.

Now, as much as this a story about a curious incident of the dog in the night time, the back story and the true meaning of this book is learning about the protagonist, Christopher, a young, 15 year old boy with Asperger's Syndrome. This is a truly breathtaking story and written from Christopher's perspective we can get a true feel for what it's like to live a life with Asperger's and we are able to find out so much about Christopher due to this curious incident where Christopher pushes the boundaries of his home life and comforts and travels way pass the end of his road by his own, making the terrifying journey to London by his own in search for something he once thought was lost. I say this as I don't want to reveal what it was that he began to uncover through the story.

We see life through Christopher's eyes throughout this book, showing his love of math with his diagrams and equations, and how he can't really understand people and their emotions because there is no factuality behind them. He also hates to be touched, so those small moments where he actually accepts someone reaching out to him are truly amazing and you feel proud to be a part of that moment.

This book will truly make you feel the most amazing feelings and I really really can not recommend it enough, when I was first told to read this book I wasn't overly interested, but now I have lost count of the amount of people I have told "Borrow my copy. You have to read this." and every single one of those people have come away with a different outlook and complete happiness and awe for this story.


I really do hope you will take my recommendation,
it's a life changer.
Have any of you read this story? Leave me a comment below!

Charlotte Rose

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Everyone, leave a comment, tell me what you think, and I will get back to you!