Friday, September 09, 2016

My Skincare Routine Update.


Over the past year or so I have become more and more fascinated with having a good skincare routine. I am on the verge of obsessed with YouTube, and the constant update of seeing others routines has made me want to change/start mine. I have never been one for skincare, I can be very lazy when it comes to my skin, and I feared this would come back to bite me. I think the reason for my previous laziness is the fact that I have very good skin. I would say I fall in the category of normal to dry skin type, I suffer with quite mild eczema, though it's rarely on my face (except that annoying patch on the end of my nose that just won't budge!). So I have never really suffered from spots, don't get me wrong, a few pop up here and there every now and again but I'm talking once in a blue moon.

But nevertheless I though it was time to kick myself into a good routine that I like and will enjoy carrying out. I love my exfoliator I started using a few years ago, Lush's 'Let the good times roll', so I already had the exfoliator covered. In terms of makeup removal I was always the girl with the endless amounts of makeup wipes that had become used to the fact that there would always still be a little mascara left after repeatedly rubbing my eyes for 10 minutes. Over the past couple of weeks I have added Garnier's Micellar Oil-infused Cleansing Water to my routine so I will let you know in another post how I have been getting on with that, I want to use it for a bit longer and see how I feel about it, make an informed decision y'know?

But onto the real deal, the reason we are all here. Liz Earle. I love these products. I saw Gabriella of Velvet Ghost rave about the Liz Earle range and I thought I'd give it a whirl. In all honesty these products are beautiful, the smell is clean and just divine, they leave your skin feeling fresh and revived like you never knew they could ever feel.

Each night I take my eye makeup off with the Garnier Micellar water and then use the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, slowly rubbing in circular motions all over my face and neck, then using either the wash cloth provided or the Muslin cloths I bought from mothercare, I put the cloth in hot water, rinse, and wipe the cleanser off my face, using the cloth in hot water is really soothing to the skin and feels lovely. I then take the Instant Boost Skin Tonic onto a cotton wool pad and rub all over my face. And the last step is moisturiser. I take a small amount of the Skin Repair moisturiser and apply this to my whole face. I love this moisturiser as it's un-perfumed so doesn't sting or irritate my skin in anyway and i can happily apply it on my under eyes as well as all over the lid.

And that's all for my skincare routine. 4 simple steps each day, with exfoliator every few days.


Enjoy looking after your skin!
Charlotte Rose
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Everyone, leave a comment, tell me what you think, and I will get back to you!